Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Chocolate Cake

I was approached by a friend to bake a chocolate cake for her son's 8th birthday many years ago. I was nervous as I wasn't quite sure how it would turn out with the cake decorating as I wasn't very experienced. But I decided to give it a go nevertheless and lo and behold, this was the result of a nerve-wrecking experience. (Orchids not included :) )

The cake was covered with a layer of chocolate ganache. I then used the chocolate biscuit rolls for the sides of the cake. For contrast, I topped the cake with fresh strawberries and chocolate scrapings.

Even though I didn't get to taste the cake ( D: ) I decided to take a photo to remember it by.

I received good feedback from both my friend and her guests. There were inquiries for future comissions.

But for now, I guess, it'll remain a hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment